Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spit Shine

            I haven't written in a couple of weeks because I have been working on simplifying my life.  Why does it take so much energy to make things simpler? Every morning I spend time connecting with spirit-meditating if you will.  I use a variety of cards and runes that help me focus and learn what spirit wants me to hear for the day.  For weeks I kept getting the card "Simplify Your Life.  So I cleaned out closets, got rid of magazines, cleaned up my office and tossed out old paperwork...still "Simplify Your Life".  So I cleaned up the barn and cleared out the car and truck and picked up the yard...still "Simplify Your Life".  I obviously wasn't getting the message.  My place was looking great, but I wasn't getting it.  Then through a series of  "coincidence's"(which I don't believe in)  I was speaking to a neighbor and we got to discussing how in business many of us want change, but in the interest of keeping things moving we keep doing the same thing over and over again.  We want things to be different but we don't change direction. There's to much fear, to much rush and to many obligations.   He asked what I wanted to be different in my practice.  I talked about how for decades I have been chasing my work all over the country and how after 20 years of travel I would like to spend more time at home.  He mentioned that he had an empty room in his practice and if I wanted to, I could use it.  You could have blown me over with a feather!  This was what I have on my vision board, what I had been talking to the universe about for years!  Here it is! It finally manifested! So for the past couple of weeks I have moved my focus to creating my new reality.

           I believe that I needed to clean out my home and mind in order to have space for the new to come in.  By getting rid of clutter and focusing on having more room to move I feel that the new was able to have a bit of ground to set root in.  I think of myself as a very neat person, but my goodness, it is amazing how much "stuff" can be jammed into a closet...and my goodness, how many repetitive thoughts can run around in your mind.  When you think "This is just the way it is!" then that is the way it is.
           Consider starting spring cleaning a bit early this year.  While you are sorting through things you haven't seen in years, think about what situations and aggravations you want to remove from your life.  What would simplify your life?  Years ago I read a book called "God On A Harley" by Joan Brady.  It talked about how many of us work so many long hard hours in order to support a life style we are not enjoying.  It's a good read and a good question to ponder. What needs to get out of your closet today?
  Here is another Horse Wisdom card.
Spit Shine

It’s so refreshing when things get
cleaned up around the barn! Have you
allowed your life to become cluttered?
Are there cobwebs clouding the windows
and unused belongings crowding your space?
Good horse people know when it’s time to open
the windows, clean up the tack room, and
sweep out the barn! When you remove clutter
from your life, there’s room for new
treasures and experiences.
You will feel fresher and lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment