Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Help with Hot Spots


Before Liddy takes control, I (Sheila) would like to say something to the public.  Liddy was right - she is a better blogger than I am.  I posted 12 blogs and got a bit of a nice response.  Liddy posted 2 blogs and received over 200 replies, and 3 offers from animal related industries asking her to represent them.  Frankly, I hate to admit that she was correct. There will be no living with her from here on out.  She will really rub my nose in it now. Dominated by a 14 pound hound ! Okay Liddy are you satisfied?!
Oh were you talking...Yawn...I must have dosed off. 

Well, back to business - 
I received a letter yesterday from a self proclaimed "redneck" hound from FL called Smith.  Here he is in - big surprise - his truck.
Dear Liddy, 
I have been having an embarrassing and bothersome problem.  I have a great big Hot Spot on my back leg.  It is raw and red and I just can't stop licking it.  It is driving me crazy!  To make matters worst, my humans are kicking me off the bed and allowing the stupid Yorkie to stay up there with them!  I am disgusted, humiliated (the Yorkie is telling every hound he sees!) and in a lot of pain.  Help!!

Signed...Freaking in Ft Myers

Dear Freaking,
Wow, check out that belly!  Oh sorry.  Well here's the thing.  Skin problems and breathing problems are really liver problems.  The liver is the filter system of the body and if your human ever had an aquarium or swimming pool you would know that the filter needs to be cleaned out on a regular basis or the water gets gross and the fish die.  So what I would suggest is that you tell your human to give you some bentonite clay (Miracle Clay) Sheila, my human, mixes it with distilled water in a plastic container and uses a wooden or plastic spoon, and lets it sit overnight.  She makes a big tub of it cause we all get some every week.  The plastic is used because the clay will take the metal off the spoon and what you want is for it to take the metals out of your body. When it sits overnight the molecules actually change and become a type of magnet.  Its pretty cool!  The stuff doesn't taste as good as horse poop, it actually taste like nothing, so eating a half teaspoon now and then isn't hard to do.  I would suggest that you have it every day for a while to help clear up that spot.  Besides adding dirt, I mean clay to your diet, of course you have to stop putting junk into and onto your body. So that means....no more beer and chips, cause dog, you look like you hit it hard a bit to much, keep your nose out of the trash cans, no more junk food and try to stay away from vaccines and wormers and flea and tick stuff.  There are natural ways to take care of all these things, and I will talk about that in future blogs.  Wound Salve feels good on the sore and is okay to be licked off.
Oh, speaking of licking and your humans kicking you off the bed....have you ever listened to yourself slurping, slurping, slurping?  I know you think you smell terrific after you roll at the barn, and I would agree, but humans think you stink.  Combine that along with an occasional fart as a result of all the beer and chips and I think you have a recipe for sleeping in the garage, never mind the bed room!  So dear Freaking, clean up your act inside and out and eventually you will get the Yorkie to move over!
Your Helping Hound, Liddy

So if any of you have questions be sure to contact Sheila Ryan my human so she can fill in the blanks. If you would like to ask me a question let her know and she had better pass it onto me, or I will start smelling and acting like Freaking!
Later!
Liddy

No comments:

Post a Comment